Joseph E. Canone, Jr.
President & CEO
Joseph E. Canone, Jr. is President, Chief Executive Officer and a co-founder of Pinnacle Investigations, Inc. He brings more than thirty-three (33) years experience in the investigative industry to his role as Managing Partner of the Due Diligence and Corporate Investigations practice and to his responsibilities for overall company operations.
Mr. Canone’s professional background includes:
- Five years as an undercover operative in a defense intelligence operation
- Developed Pinnacle’s domestic/international due diligence practice and its training programs for research analysts
- Conducted noteworthy environmental investigations
- Works to protect Fortune 500 companies trade and operational secrets through countermeasures investigations
- Conducts effective executive protection assignments and is part of an executive protection team for a Fortune 100 Company.
- Managed the company’s insurance fraud practice
Joseph majored in General Studies/Pre-Law at Kutztown University and he holds an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice Administration. He has received continuing education through the American Society for Industrial Security, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and the New Jersey Special Investigators Association in the areas of Corporate & Due Diligence Investigation, Advanced Internet Research/Information Retrieval, and Internal Fraud Investigation. He has presented on the topics “Conducting Effective Due Diligence in a Global Economy”, “Internet Techniques and Tools”, “Due Diligence/Open Source Record Retrieval” and “Open Source Record Exposure of Executives Personal Information.” In addition, Mr. Canone has completed several training programs in executive protection, protective driving and continues to assist clients/executives at corporate sponsored events for Fortune 100 companies.
Professional memberships include:
- Council of International Investigators
- American Society for Industrial Security
- New Jersey Licensed Private Investigators Association
- Pennsylvania Association of Licensed Investigators
Mr. Canone is a member of the board of directors for AAA Northampton County. His volunteer work includes organizing and sponsoring The Open, an annual charitable golf tournament and community events benefiting cancer charities and local causes.
Matthew B. Orr
Vice President & CFO
Matthew B. Orr is a co-founder, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Pinnacle Investigations, Inc. In addition to overseeing the company’s financial operations, Matthew is the Managing Partner of the Litigation Support Practice.
Accomplishments during his more than twenty (20) years in the investigative industry include conducting extensive field investigation and research in areas such as:
- Serious catastrophic accidents
- Mass tort litigation
- Environmental exposures
- Managing surveillance operations
- Providing intelligence and executive protection support for corporate executives
- Successfully conducting investigations in high-exposure matters.
Mr. Orr holds a BA in Political Science/Pre-Law from Messiah College. Professional memberships include the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and the New Jersey Licensed Private Investigator Association (NJLPIA).
Matthew’s continuing education at the local and national level has been through:
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- New Jersey Special Investigators Association
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- NJ Open Public Records Act
- Workers’ Compensation and Employment Law
Mr. Orr has also conducted educational presentations on varying investigative topics for a diverse audience of clients and professional associations. He volunteers as a board member for several non-profit organizations and assists in overseeing personnel issues as well as children and youth worker screening procedures for one. Matthew also coaches in a number of community youth sports organizations.
Michael W. Kane
Chief Operating Officer
Michael W. Kane is a co-founder and the Chief Operating Officer of Pinnacle Investigations, Inc. In addition to responsibilities as Managing Director of the Red Bank, New Jersey Office, Mr. Kane is the Managing Partner of Pinnacle’s Insurance Investigations Practice.
In more than twenty (20) years in the investigative industry, Michael has worked across America to combat insurance fraud through the best surveillance practices and exhaustive background investigations. He has also brought his expert skills to national, corporate due diligence assignments and provided support for numerous pro-defense verdicts throughout New Jersey.
Additional professional background includes:
- BA in Economics from Manhattan College
- Sponsor of the NJ Special Investigators Association Annual Conference where he has attended continuing education seminars and presented as an exhibitor
- Member of the New Jersey Licensed Private Investigators Association
- Member of the New Jersey Business and Industry Association
- Completed coursework in Advanced Internet Investigation
Mr. Kane is active in youth sports, where he coaches basketball and baseball.
Samuel S. Smith
Samuel S. Smith is a Case Manager at Pinnacle Investigations, Inc. He started with Pinnacle as a Field Investigator, developed expertise in field investigations, interviews, and evidence gathering, and is currently managing a full caseload involving employment-related issues, accidents, and incidents for multiple clients.
Samuel attended University in suburban Philadelphia, PA, before pursuing entrepreneurial opportunities. His interest in developing knowledge of investigative research accompanied by a talent of having strong people skills has equipped Jonathan for success in many types of projects. His unique insight into investigations involving businesses and their employees has prepared him to become a key part of the management team at Pinnacle.
Pinnacle is an active member and sponsor in the Pennsylvania Self Insured Association, North Jersey Claims Association, and various regional bar associations throughout the tri-state area. Mr. Smith is also passionate about serving others and is actively involved in his community.
Courtney R. Williams
Courtney R. Williams is a Research Analyst at Pinnacle Investigations, Inc. She previously served as an Income Maintenance Casework Supervisor with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, where she cultivated a mastery of policy interpretation, information analysis, investigative skills, interviewing techniques, and research methods. These skills, combined with her keen attention to detail, inquisitive nature, and love of research have equipped her for success as an analyst with Pinnacle’s Due Diligence and Corporate Investigations practice, as well as our Litigation Support practice.
Courtney is a veteran of the United States Army, where she served as a medic and paratrooper. In her five years of service, she was promoted to the rank of Sergeant and was deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. Courtney holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from the University of Missouri at Saint Louis, as well as a Master of Business Administration degree from Liberty University. Courtney’s volunteer commitments include serving on a community outreach team that supports several local non-profit organizations throughout the area. She also volunteers as a chef with Lasagna Love and provides a home cooked meal to local families in need once a month.